Author Topic: Request what you need!  (Read 12812 times)

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Request what you need!
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
If there's anything you guys need to help with porting material over, ask. We'll try and take care of it ASAP.

Giles the Cleric

• House of the Rising Sun
    • View Profile
Re: Request what you need!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:26:13 PM »
Does the forum software allow you to change ownership of threads/ posts in case the original authors join the board after their content has been archived?

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »
Yes it does. We've done that before with the BG -> MMX move.

oslecamo

• Creating monsters for my world of darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Could you change the forum code so that after we add a reply to a thread, it takes us inside the thread instead of out?

Also when I try to copy-paste big chunks of text like my ToBhou classes, the forum only posts a fragment and sometimes nothing. Even if I try to copy-paste small chunks from the bigger post, it fizzles. Posts that were originally small seem to copy-paste relatively fine.

oslecamo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 04:45:19 AM »
I believe I have found the error source. The old forum used a different format for characters like " and -, so if one wants to copy-paste here, they need to replace those, otherwise this forum fizzles.

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
I'll nudge Prime, it's probably something in the upgraded php.

And you should be going back to posts now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:23:59 AM by Stratovarius »

sirpercival

• you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
It might be easier for everyone if I could create my own subfora for the purposes of transferring my stuff, instead of making someone else (aka the very busy Prime) do it. Might I have that ability, which I'd happily give up when finished? Or is there some other mechanism to make that easier?

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »
Just ask me, honestly. For the moment though, I'll probably just create a single home for you and then make you moderator of it, so you can move threads around as necessary.

Your new home
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:34:16 AM by Stratovarius »

sirpercival

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »
Perf. What I'm going to do is post tons of stuff in there, and then we can make more subfora later if we feel like it.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
Agreed with the above. I don't mind plopping everything of mine down so people can focus on others. Once I get a place, I'll do the same.

Basically I can plop down everyone's 3e handbook at once (here). What I can't do is easily recreate the format in forum code. A copy-paste will just make it ugly and not do things justice. Is there a program that will do the formatting for me?
Sigh. Not again. :(

Giles the Cleric

• House of the Rising Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »
Agreed with the above. I don't mind plopping everything of mine down so people can focus on others. Once I get a place, I'll do the same.

Basically I can plop down everyone's 3e handbook at once (here). What I can't do is easily recreate the format in forum code. A copy-paste will just make it ugly and not do things justice. Is there a program that will do the formatting for me?

You might be able to use an HTML-to-BBCode converter like this one.

sirpercival

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
Strato, I don't think PBMC meant for homebrew. It should probly be in Handbooks...

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »
He asked for Homebrew.

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
Speaking of homebrew, Osl should probably have his own subforum(s) like before and it looks like he's already got almost half of his stuff reposted too.
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Change in attachment size limitation if possible.
Currently it's 128kb/file & 192kb/post, thinking 10mb should be enough?

I can understand wanting to limit it to reduce HD usage, MMX boards only allowed the first post (and maybe handbook writer club only?) to support attachments. But as a tool it can be pretty handy, like ADM just posted a couple links to D&D 5th's Unearthed Arcana files and I could post all of them since May on here for <5mb. With WotC screwing things up, I'd be up for posting all of the FAQ/Errata pdfs too.
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Yeah. I don't mind putting all the handbooks in the right spot (the handbook forum). I was just mentioning putting things like various builds of mine somewhere else since I didn't feel they belong in the handbook forum. Thank you for the PBMC park!

I second the idea of 10MB attachments. Can you change is so only handbook writers have the 10MB access whiles everyone else only has the default .1MB? That would allow me to do things like post zipped HTML of saved pages...
Sigh. Not again. :(

oslecamo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »
Since it seems like subforums are a thing again I humbly request one of my own. If you could move my threads there right away would be great too. Still have lots to transfer.

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »
I'll nudge prime on the attachments.

Osle, forum's up. Will move threads in a bit.

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »
Strat, if you need help with backend stuff my offer is still open in pretty much any capacity.

Edit: I'd also like us to have a Handbooks Discussion section like we used to, it helped clean up the handbooks themselves massively.

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »
Forum Code

I've (for the most part) figured out how I had my tables set up.  However, I can't figure out how I did empty cells as placeholders.  Is there a better way to do empty cells than [ cell]              [/cell]?

Also, we need (eventually) some of the special forum code we had on the old mmx.

Dice rolling, sortable tables, the float tag, and highlighting are what I've come up with after looking through the "Extra BBCode thread from the old board" out of the listed things that aren't working currently.

Also, posting for me still takes me back to the main forum page.