Author Topic: The PBMC Metacompendium has the 3e handbooks already in it  (Read 1215 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
The PBMC Metacompendium has the 3e handbooks already in it
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:14:56 AM »
Since everyone's panicking, I'll relink my metacompendium. In addition to finally (minimalistically) fixing D&D, it contained every scrap of optimization material I had at the time. This includes all the finished 3.5e handbooks at the time. I have in the meantime been saving handbooks as they came available. We don't need to worry about 3e handbooks guys  8)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4783852B57E7CBCF!124&authkey=!ADNoszNlRhCyVQA&ithint=folder%2c

or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gBNVNqub06eHNibkR3U01oRGc/view?usp=sharing
+
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gBNVNqub06d2tJemVSRTNNVG8/view?usp=sharing
+
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gBNVNqub06ZkFwN1hObnE2MHM/view?usp=sharing

So this is it. 2016 is almost here. Have all my interesting DnD stuff, internet. The only things I hold back are:
Copyrighted things like source books, a dndtools mirror, and certain all-text lists (very necessary when you want to skim 30 similar things/spells/etc for the one that is good enough). I've left shortcuts to these things in so that people can see what they are missing out on.
Certain builds I'll probably never care to finish (I have this death attack one... oh well). I wanted to show people how I build characters, in case it helps other in the future. I considered including empty folders named for build groups that I simply don't have the info consolidated enough to share. Some builds have indexes removed for copyright.
Personal DMing things like campaign notes, party contracts, etc. This includes a group of "Overpowering" encounters purposely designed to be a sort of gauntlet for high CO players.
Also I haven't sorted the psionic 3.0 WotC web articles, nor have I sorted the current MinMax handbooks. Both of these are included, of course. If someone else wants to sort those two directory trees, I'd be happy to download the results and run some software on it to see what went where. I expect the MinMax handbook area to grow/update. The Web articles I wanted to make sure 3.5 players don't come across weird psionic attack modes and get confused. Also the "unoriginal" creatures folder isn't complete. There were tons more "random humanoid + class x" and "random MM1 creature" stat blocks I simply deleted. No one needs that. Aside from those, I added to the previous google drive posted here on the boards; it was missing some articles.

Q: Are you retiring?
A: Yes, but I'm not dying. I'll poke in every so often and chat. But my heavy lifting for the boards is pretty much over. Don't expect me to make a new "No one has ever made a list of all x" thread anymore.

Q: How long did this take you?
A: I'd say about 6 years. I started to use local storage when random people with bear icons could troll online builds. It only takes 5 seconds to shit on 5 hours of work.

Q: Did you really fix everything in 3e?
A: Well, if you find something I didn't touch, PM me. If you'd like to discuss a part or their interrelation, start a thread. I value community-driven consensus and its entirely likely that everyone else will tweak things in a useful way that I hadn't anticipated. But I think that I've gotten everything major; there aren't too many places broken things can hide outside of ECL, classes, feats, spells, items, skills, magic, etc. Basically all the things I have folders for in the 3e fixes area. It's the only area that needs a readme.txt . I suppose when its been a year, I'll repackage everything and add in the below updates.

Q: Is this all your work?
A: Absolutely not. The builds are mine (I tried to quote the ones that weren't), but for the resources I'm just the guy who had to go through it all. This is basically the definitive compendium of other people's definitive compediums. With this file (which fits on medium bigger than a floppy), you can do some pretty advanced CO work. That's pretty good considering its size.

Q: Can I have access to the copyrighted stuff at all those shortcuts?
A: Yes. Just PM me an email address or something.

Q: So how big is everything else?
A: The real deal is 1.75GB. Without DnDTools.pw, the WotC webpages and the minmax handbooks, its about .25GB. The source books take up an additional 9GB+

Q: Does this mean you're moving to 5e?
A: I would if it were just 3.5 plus fixes and extra stuff. But it isn't. So far it makes me just shrug. 5e will go the way of 4e: weak and unsupported in a few years. If WotC was serious about 5e, they'd be releasing spreadsheets of everything printed (like the spell list I sorted) and just have people pay a subscription fee. I suppose the real nail in the coffin that the "out of business sign" isn't too far off when the DnD forums shut down. It was almost 2016 and they couldn't hire a sysadmin to maintain a forum? Clearly they couldn't contain the hemorraghing when 5e wasn't the blockbuster they had hoped.

Q: Have you nothing else to do with 3.5?
A: I have some threads that I doubt I will finish like http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=10815 and http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11843 . I'm also paying attention to http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=16432 . Hopefully I won't have to do it myself. We'll see.

Random Thoughts:
Besides our most prolific poster's template lists (nice thread btw), I am the only one with a handbook that has more than 20 entries (more than 1 page), mainly due to separating out various builds.
I wanted to simply stop posting at 1337 posts ... but I figure I'll stay on the first two pages of active members (some of whom I've literally never seen post). As always I'll try to only post community-helping things that others (and me after sufficient time) can look back on and enjoy.

Then I proceeded to hit the character limit tracking an exact change log. Then I realized that I should just re-release. I was planning for this summer: "Yeah. I was planning to re-upload a "roll-up" version when the changelog started to get too long. Give me a few weeks. I have more material to sort through than I thought. Feel free to nitpick, but don't be mad when I say 'Sorry it was addressed in the version I haven't released yet.' You know, like all software devs."
Sigh. Not again. :(

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
Re: The PBMC Metacompendium has the 3e handbooks already in it
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:21:28 AM »
The one thing I didn't do is go through the Character Optimization and general board for useful threads. Note that I did that the first time when we lost MMX. I won't be doing that this time because I've been (mostly) keeping the meta compendium up to date. Unfortunately I'm about dozen days behind when I planed to double check my work in this regard.  >:(

I'm well aware of the fact that this is an old dump and that I haven't been on the ball about making sure I got everything I wanted since then. I can also make mistakes, so feel free to double check me. But it will be faster to just search the download before trying to dig up google or bing cache.

One thing I planned on doing is double-checking the handbook index. I even said on MMB: "there are still a lot of entries on the index that say "BG - " because no one has copied over the formating. Isn't this bad? Aren't the old boards still going to die?"

Here's part of the index I'm not sure if I saved or not:

• Commoner By Zonugal
  • Malconvoker By Treantmonklvl20 @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Factotum By Dictum Mortuum @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Rogue By PId6
  • Scout By Encard @ community.wizards.com
  • Spellthief By Fax Celestis
  • Barbarian By Handbook_Writer @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Fighter By Dictum Mortuum @ community.wizards.com
  • Hexblade By Dictum Mortuum @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Knight By Balmas @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Monk By dman11235 @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Bard By Dictum Mortuum @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Beguiler By Nicholas the Paladin @ community.wizards.com
  • Dread Necromancer By zombiegleemax @  community.wizards.com
  • Duskblade By Dictum Mortuum @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Sorcerer By Solo @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Warmage By ChristopherGroves @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Wizard By TreantMonk @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Archivist By Mooncrow @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Cleric By AfterCrescent @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Druid By Blade2718 @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Healer By Akalsaris @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Shugenja By InnaBinder @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Spirit Shaman By A Man In Black @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Ardent By Samb @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Lurk By Dictum Mortuum @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Psion By Saeomon @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Psychic Warrior By zugschef @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Wilder By Samb @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • DragonFire Adept By JanusJones @ community.wizards.com
  • Warlock By Thinblade @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Incarnate By Sinfire Titan @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Soulborn By Mudkipz @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Totemist By Sinfire Titan @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Crusader By Sinfire Titan @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Crusader By Private-Prinny
  • Swordsage By Elfin
  • Warblade By Generic_PC @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Warblade By Elfin
  • Binder By Sobolev @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Shadowcaster By gorfnad @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Truenamers By Zaq
  • Artificer By dark_samuari @ brilliantgameologists.com
  • Dragon Shaman By Jopustopin
Sigh. Not again. :(

Giles the Cleric

• House of the Rising Sun
    • View Profile
Re: The PBMC Metacompendium has the 3e handbooks already in it
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »
Thank you for the good news, Plz. Folks will probably still duplicate handbooks (and it makes sense that they should, since then google can index them for folks who don't know to download your compendium).