Author Topic: Believing in Your Own Shadow Spells - How Does It Work?  (Read 1208 times)

Solo

• Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
Believing in Your Own Shadow Spells - How Does It Work?
« on: June 15, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
We are all familiar with the long and acrimonious debate over whether a spellcaster can believe his own shadow spells.

On one hand, we all know that any creature may willingly forgo a saving throw. On the other, a spellcaster automatically knows that an shadow spell is an illusion, and does not need to make a saving throw.

How are we to resolve this difference?

Well wonder no longer, for I have cunningly discovered the answer to the question and have thus settled the debate once and for all!

I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
Re: Believing in Your Own Shadow Spells - How Does It Work?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
Some guy designs a "I want to have motivation" placebo and lo and behold he decides to try. It's almost as if he wanted it to work...

This is different from fooling yourself about knowledge that you don't have (rather than knowledge that you do) if the only way a caster can gain the option for the save line in the first place is if he doesn't already know his spell is an illusion. There are ways to hide information from yourself, but its a dangerous road to go down.
Sigh. Not again. :(