Author Topic: Garryl's Homebrew Compendium  (Read 2179 times)

Garryl

• View Profile
Garryl's Homebrew Compendium
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:35:48 AM »
The old version in Boz's 3.5 Homebrew Compendium ran out of space. I think it was all the tables I added in. I like tables. Anyways, I moved out, found a nice place where there was space to relax and stretch and make humongous tables with way too much information. Yay. Then it all collapsed. Maybe it couldn't stand the tables? So now I'm here. I just hope the forum's floors are reinforced this time.

Links will be updated as things are reposted.

Table of Contents

Newest Works
New skill: Demolition
Tomb of Battle
Hexblade
Power of Cybernetics
Monk
Hybridization
Derro
Gargoyle
New skill: Endurance
Leaders of Men - Aura Classes: Divine Mind, Dragon Shaman, Marshal, and Paladin remakes.
Enigma

Reposted
Weaponizing Divination
Sublime Tapestry
Rushes

Last Update: Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:40:26 AM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium
1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out Sometime

Garryl

• View Profile
Re: Garryl's Homebrew Compendium
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:35:54 AM »
Major Projects
Leaders of Men - Aura Classes: Divine Mind, Dragon Shaman, Marshal, and Paladin remakes as true battlefield leaders.
Metroid as Incarnum: What do you get when someone who doesn't know exactly how incarnum works throws it into a blender with Metroid?
Power of Cybernetics: Sci-fi rules for D&D. Built on the concepts of incarnum using the overhauled and revamped core of Metroid as Incarnum.
Rituals and Ritual Feats: You don't have to perform these rituals sky-clad. It might help, though. It's really sirpercival's baby, I just helped.
Tomb of Battle: The Book of Dead Warriors: A Tome of Battle take on dealing with undead and necromancy.
Garryl's Freeform Fire Emblem Rules: Freeform rules for my Fire Emblem game at GitP.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 01:36:27 AM »
Races, Monsters, and Templates

Races
Derro: Racial class for everyone's favorite insane dwarves/gnomes/humans/whatever your setting claims is their origin.
Gargoyle: Racial class for those statues. Don't blink.
BG - Living Astral Constructs: Ectoplasm and a 1st-level power brought to life.
Soul Shell: Suits of armor infused with life due to long-term use.

Monsters
Amlenstakata: A rapidly-moving variant of the Displacer Beast that uses martial rushes.
Tomb Guardian: Martial adept protectors of ancient tombs. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.

Templates
Hybridization: Fuse two races into one!
Martial Ghost Abilities: Additional Ghost abilities for the martially-inclined. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
Returned: Skeletal warriors from beyond the grave. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
Thriller Animator: Dancing zombies. Why not?
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »
Base Classes

Base Class Summaries
(click to show/hide)

Alternative Class Feature and Variant Summaries
(click to show/hide)

General Classes
Dragon Shaman: A remake of the original from PHB2 with enhanced auras and new abilities. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection.
Marshal: A remake of the original from the Miniatures Handbook with enhanced auras and new abilities. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection.
Monk: A re-imagining of the mystic martial artist.

Arcane Spellcasters
Hexblade: A rewrite of the lackluster original, now with fancy new curses.
Mage: Point-based spellcasting with rapid recharge, hopefully in a way that's balanced and doesn't just blow Wizards and Sorcerers out of the water.
Medic: A spontaneous full caster who uses healing magic in both defensive and offensive ways.

Divine Spellcasters
Paladin: A remake of the original with enhanced auras and new abilities. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection.

Psionic Manifesters
Divine Mind: A remake of the original from Complete Psionics, combining aspects of the original with those of the Marshal for a psionic leader truly worth following. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection. (Original standalone version)

Invokers
Soulknife: A revamped invoking version of the original class.

Martial Adepts
Death Knight: A martial adept counterpart to the Dread Necromancer. Has access to Devoted Spirit, Frozen Night, Restless Bones, and Undying Call. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
Psionic Warblade: Psionic powers, ToB mechanics.
Spirit Warrior: A martial adept counterpart to the Spirit Shaman. Has access to Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand, and Undying Call. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.

Alternative Class Features and Variants
Eternal Spell Fighter, Monk, Ranger, and Rogue: Persistent spells instead of bonus feats. I think I just made a Warlock.
Spell-less Paladin and Ranger Variants: A series of spell-less variants on the Paladin and Ranger class using other mechanics instead.
  • Divine Champion Paladin: A Paladin directly chosen by her deity, who channels raw spiritual energy as invocations.
  • Mindknight Paladin: A psionic Paladin who uses the power of her ideals to aid her in combat.
  • Witch Slayer Paladin: A magic-fighting Paladin who relies on martial skill instead of faith
  • Psychic Tracker Ranger: A psionic Ranger who tracks the psychic impressions left behind by his quarry.
  • Dark Hunter Ranger: A Shadowcasting Ranger who hunts in the darkness.

NPC Classes
Various NPC Classes: NPC classes to fill the voids introduced by new subsystems and unusual options.
  • Gish: A simple warrior-mage.
  • Mentalist: A simple manifester.
  • Soulshaper: A simple meldshaper.
  • Thief: A simple thief.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:02 AM »
Prestige Classes

PrC Summaries
(click to show/hide)

General
BG - Reaping Mauler: New and improved and ready to wrestle!
BG - Symbiotic Prestige Classes: PrCs for melding with your bonded companions.
  • Symbiosis Adept: For spellcasters and manifesters.
  • Symbiosis Weaver: For general combatants.
  • Symbiotic Soul: For meldshapers.
  • Sublime Symbiote: For martial adepts.
  • Pactbound Symbiote: For binders.

Arcane
Arcane Archer: A rewrite of the original with its own Dexterity-based spellcasting progression.
Toxicant: A dual-progression PrC that heals with one hand and harms with the same hand. Designed for use with my Medic and Circle of Life's Plague Doctor.

Divine
Apostle of Justice: An Exalted version of the Ur-Priest who can kick ass without mussing his hair or conscience.
Blackguard and Whiteguard: Revised prestige classes for fallen paladins and redeemed villains.
Twilight Mystic: A stealthy prestige class designed for Cleric/Swordsages.

Psionic
3.0 Psionics Conversion: Mind's Eye classes, powers and feats updated to 3.5E.
  • Arch Psion: A 3.5 update of the old psionic class.
  • Ballisteer: An updated prestige class that focuses on throwing weapons and psionics.
  • Grim Psion: For psionic liches.
  • Kineticist: The predecessor of the Pyrokineticist brought into 3.5.
  • Percipient: A class for those who take the phrase "third eye" far too seriously.
  • Shadow Mind: Not a sneaky psion, but rather one who taps into the Plane of Shadow.
  • Truth Seeker: An inquisitor who combines features of a monk and a psion.
BG - Sublime Thought: A psionic adaptation of the ever-popular class.
Time Sifter: Temporal manipulation at its finest.

Invoking
The Viz-Jaq'taar: A trio of invoking prestige classes based on Diablo 2's Assassin.
  • Viz-Jaq'taar Martial Artist: A claw-fighting martial artist who combines elemental magic with a Monk's abilities and an Indigo Trickster's Arcane Surge.
  • Viz-Jaq'taar Hunter: A mage-hunter enhanced with arcane magic who combines nigh-magical traps with a Dragonfire Adept's Breath Weapon.
  • Viz-Jaq'taar Shade: A shadowy assassin who uses psionic power to fuel a Warlock's Eldritch Blast.

Martial Adept
Initiate of the Sublime Void: A dual-progression binder/martial adept who trades the raw power of a pact for even more powerful martial knowledge.
Twilight Mystic: A stealthy prestige class designed for Cleric/Swordsages.

Incarnum
Enigma: The mysterious gunslinger who steps out of legend.
Spinemeld Warrior: A rewrite of the class that lets Skarns poke things.

Binder
Initiate of the Sublime Void: A dual-progression binder/martial adept who trades the raw power of a pact for even more powerful martial knowledge.

Homebrew Systems
BG - Asyntactic Lexiturge: A dual-progression xenotheurge/vocalizer who blends xenotheurgy and truespeech in unspeakable ways (pun intended). Designed for use with Kellus's Truenaming Fix and Realms of Chaos's Xenotheurgy.
Psychosomnabulist: A sleepwalking xenotheurge. Designed for use with Realms of Chaos's Xenotheurgy.
Toxicant: A dual-progression PrC that heals with one hand and harms with the same hand. Designed for use with my Medic and Circle of Life's Plague Doctor.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:13 AM »
Feats

Feat Summaries
(click to show/hide)

Feats
Ascetic Supplicant: A multiclass feat for Monk/Warlocks.
Curse Feats: Feats for a revised Hexblade class.
Leaders of Men Feats: A collection of feats for leaders and aura users. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection.
Living Astral Construct Feats: Feats to bring your Astral Constructs to life.
Medic Feats: Feats for Medics and Healers.
Mage Feats: Feats for Mages and other mana users.
Not the Feats You're Looking For: PHB names, drastically different effects.
Revamped BoED Vows: Not everyone who takes Exalted feats is a pacifistic hobo.
Sublime Tapestry Feats: Very meta feats for a very meta martial discipline.
Thriller Animator: Dancing zombies. Why not?
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:22 AM »
Spellcasting and Alternative Magic Systems

Spell Lists
(click to show/hide)

Power Lists
(click to show/hide)

Invocation Lists
(click to show/hide)

Maneuver Lists
(click to show/hide)

Soulmeld Lists
(click to show/hide)

Arcane and Divine Magic
Medic Spells: Healing magic weaponized.
New Hexblade Spells: Lots of curses for a Hexblade revision.
Smite Spells: Spells to enhance smite attacks. Part of the Leaders of Men - Aura Classes collection.
Weaponizing Divination: The reader may, if (s)he is so inclined, insert their own G.I. Joe joke here.

Psionics
Invocations
Divine Champion Invocations: Invocations for Paladins and other champions of faith.
Shadow Warrior, Shadow Master, Unseen Entry: For being shadowy in combat and without.
Soulknife Psionic Invocations: Invocations of the blade and mind.

Martial Disciplines
Rushes: Move action maneuvers. Also on GitP.
Frozen Night: The power of the frozen north and the endless polar nights. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
Restless Bones: A necromantic take on martial power. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
Sublime Tapestry: Maneuvers about maneuvers within maneuvers.
Undying Call: Devoted Spirit merged with Shadow Hand with a focus on spirits and incorporeality. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.

Soulmelds
Tome of Battle Soulmelds: Soulmelds based on Tome of Battle's maneuver access items.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:42:12 AM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:30 AM »
Items and Equipment

Item Summaries
(click to show/hide)

Magic Items
Battle Gong: A shield for the musically inclined. Or just people who like loud noises.
Spellforge Gauntlets: Gloves that make your magic-made weapons better.

Magical Locations
Tomb of Battle: The gravesite of a martial adept. Duel the adept's spirit to learn its skills. Part of the Tomb of Battle collection.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:39 AM »
Other Ideas
Apprentice Levels: A variant for playing characters below 1st level.
New skill: Demolition: A Strength-based skill for breaking things.
New skill: Endurance: A Constitution-based skill to replace the feat and all those annoying Constitution checks scattered throughout the rules.
Amalgam Damage: Rules for combined damage types.

Thought Pieces
Note: These pieces are not intended to be balanced with anything, possibly not even themselves. They exist only to explore the mechanics of the game.
PrCs as Feats: Ever thought some of those bland, neapolitan prestige classes would be better off as feats?

Incomplete Homebrew
Truenaming, Mk. N+1
Void Dragon
d20 Game Engine Overhaul: Changes to the underlying mechanics that don't affect the final gameplay.
BG - Devoted Paladin, a Paladin ACF (and blatant power-up) in the vein of the Mystic Ranger ACF for Rangers.
BG - PrC Erudite: The Erudite as a PrC.
BG - Psychic Imprinting (Incomplete), also on GitP.
BG - 1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out: Nothing there is complete, but that's sort of the point.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium