Author Topic: SWSE DoD and D&D4e SoW - Who's made it here over to keep going?  (Read 3479 times)

Melblen_Cairn

• TPK's are my business and business is good.
    • View Profile
I have seen Nanshork and bhu posting here. Who else made it here. I plan on continuing the games once they get new sections up. I wanted to give the admins and others time to get their migration efforts mostly out of the way before I request my games. Going to call them just like before

[D&D 4e FR] Scales of War

[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance

If we get everyone back we will either continue where we left off, Google Cache had most of the new threads up to the last couple posts. Or if we don't have everyone back here and get a couple new players we may start the 2nd adventures over again since both only just began and retcon a couple things.

Once I have my game sections up it will take me some time to bring over some of the threads, but I don't think I will have the time to salvage all the game posts, there is just way way too many pages there to get it all pulled over.

Nanshork

• View Profile
Re: SWSE DoD and D&D4e SoW - Who's made it here over to keep going?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »
I'm around, obviously.

bhu

• Fnord again bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
im here of course

VennDygrem

• A little bit of Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
I'm still here! Huzzah!

Inspectre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:58 AM »
Hey!  Just waiting for the game to start back up so I can genocide some racist elves when our negotiation attempt goes horribly wrong!  ;D

Kuroimaken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
I was not in either campaign, but would be happy to join the SW one if allowed.  :P

Melblen_Cairn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »
Good to see you all here.  :) Strat has said Prime has a few ides for the format of the PbP threads. Once these get incorporated and I get my two game threads, I will kick off both games.

I had Shadow kick off a PM to LB on the MythWeavers forum. Hopefully it triggers some form of notice to him so he will also know where to find us.

Kuro, we certainly had the room in the Dawn of Defiance game. If you did not get a chance to read up on the game when it was on the other board before it died, we are on the second adventure in that adventure path. Though my version is a bit slower of a start. We have a Sluissi mechanic/slicer, and a Human Blazing Chain pirate as the PCs and I have been running a Bothan scout and a Corellian pilot/gunslinger as NPCs in the group. Plus the players had a droid each as equipment using the protocol format. What did you have in mind to play?

Kuroimaken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »
I'll be frank, I can't really get me enough Force-users... any chance there's room for one there?

Melblen_Cairn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
What did you have in mind for a force user? I will say that the era that dawn of defiance takes place in is very hard on force users. Our game has gone through 3 already. :).

Our blazing chain pirate is a force user. Though the pc's player has not reported in on our new board here

LordBlades

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
Took a while, but I'm here now :)

Kuroimaken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
What did you have in mind for a force user? I will say that the era that dawn of defiance takes place in is very hard on force users. Our game has gone through 3 already. :).

Our blazing chain pirate is a force user. Though the pc's player has not reported in on our new board here

Well I ain't gonna lie, I'm crazy about Jedi, but...

I'm thinking some force sensitive kid found his way employed by a Hutt, possibly in Nar Shaddaa or Corellia. They had him taking care of the animals because they figured it would be more amusing to have him eaten up in an arena if he had an attachment to the beasts that gobbled him up. And much to their surprise, he instead manages to tame the critters in sight of everybody else. Kid makes a splash, becomes an arena attraction riding the critters to smoosh up other prisoners. Manages to buy his freedom and becomes a mercenary, sort of.

I'm not sure how that's gonna go mechanics-wise, but he's probably going to have Mind Trick and Force Push/Pull as his focus.

Melblen_Cairn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »
We could do something like reskin the Korrunai Force Using Tradition (Clone Wars Campaign Guide page 57). There are talents there that let you bond with an Akk Dog, maybe use a similar beast from the Hutt gladiatorial pits. Though Akk Dogs work within that context as well. Since you wouldn't likley be a native of the planet that tradition comes from, we could easily call it whatever, but the basic principle would be the same. If you wanted to go that route I could look for some comparable Beasts to use in place of the Akk Dog.

There is also a talent in KOTR (page 53) called Beast Trick as well. Lets you use mind trick on beast with INT of 2 or less.

I like the idea of the force sensitive kid ( I am a sucker for Ezra from Rebels  :) )

The adventure we are in, the current group is searching for information to locate a Hutt crime lord. So I could insert you at the spot the hutt is (but that may take time for the party to get to yet). Or we could insert your character earlier. I anticipate the party will be in several seedier systems for a bit.

We are level 3 currently and used the point buy for character stats. I will re-post the character gen guidelines for the game and the house rules we have (we made characters a little more survivable) once we get our game sections going. I don't google cache or wayback has those threads though =( So I will likely have to retype them up again.

Melblen_Cairn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 02:02:20 AM »
And just saw your post LB. Welcome! Good to see you made it. Did you find us by search or did Shadowhunter reach you through Mythweavers?

LordBlades

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 08:57:15 AM »
And just saw your post LB. Welcome! Good to see you made it. Did you find us by search or did Shadowhunter reach you through Mythweavers?

Search. I don't usually go to myth weavers unless I need to do something to a char sheet, and there's no e-mail or anything if you get a PM there.

Kuroimaken

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
We could do something like reskin the Korrunai Force Using Tradition (Clone Wars Campaign Guide page 57). There are talents there that let you bond with an Akk Dog, maybe use a similar beast from the Hutt gladiatorial pits. Though Akk Dogs work within that context as well. Since you wouldn't likley be a native of the planet that tradition comes from, we could easily call it whatever, but the basic principle would be the same. If you wanted to go that route I could look for some comparable Beasts to use in place of the Akk Dog.

There is also a talent in KOTR (page 53) called Beast Trick as well. Lets you use mind trick on beast with INT of 2 or less.

I like the idea of the force sensitive kid ( I am a sucker for Ezra from Rebels  :) )

The adventure we are in, the current group is searching for information to locate a Hutt crime lord. So I could insert you at the spot the hutt is (but that may take time for the party to get to yet). Or we could insert your character earlier. I anticipate the party will be in several seedier systems for a bit.

We are level 3 currently and used the point buy for character stats. I will re-post the character gen guidelines for the game and the house rules we have (we made characters a little more survivable) once we get our game sections going. I don't google cache or wayback has those threads though =( So I will likely have to retype them up again.

Sounds like fun. GO SHINOBI-STYLE FORCE, GO!

Melblen_Cairn

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
Search. I don't usually go to myth weavers unless I need to do something to a char sheet, and there's no e-mail or anything if you get a PM there.

No Problem. I was grasping at any straw to get a hold of everyone.