Author Topic: Phantasy Star/Tainted World Campaigns  (Read 7285 times)

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star/Tainted World Campaigns
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
It's not so much "want to remake" as "I only have the gist of what I had before, so it's possible I'll get the skills/feats slightly different". And the way super robots work was changed again anyway.

Though are we restarting at level 12 or continuing from level 14? It seems a shame to redo the whole first areas again.
I am alive.

ketaro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 08:09:36 PM »
TWF Melee skirmisher and apparently also the tank when Anomander isn't around.

You forgot to mention potential ship for the nuclear lady.

Ssshhhhh it's a secret to every-... Well just the one really  ::)

oslecamo

• Creating monsters for my world of darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
Cool cool. I actually wanted to try a game with pilot/non-pilot gestalt.

What's the plot and overall direction of the game? Can I get any information on the other PCs (enough to not be playing the same thing on accident). Also what level did the game originally start?
They started at level 12 as already mentioned.

As for fluff, first there's the setting:
(click to show/hide)

The campaign itself was focused on Parum sending a colonization ship to Ragol after a first base had already been built. But then something went wrong, all communications lost and anybody else sent down there didn't come back. The party was hired to investigate.
Long story short they were ambushed by an unknown faction but managed to get inside the central dome of the first colonization wave, retrieve some data, slayed a dragon inside that was being supported by the automated defense systems, rescued some other mercenaries and original colonists that had been made prisioners and seemingly experimented on, returned to the colony ship, half the party went for a hot spring resort to unlock a site of arcane power while the other half found and looted an unknown monolith on Ragol, bunch of other stuff, hints of traitors inside the colony ship, then unknown enemies infiltrated the lower sections, party managed to repel them but failed to secure prisioners although they did find a lesser artifact, and now they were getting ready to return to Ragol following the fresh hints they collected. As a single party this time.

Did I say the party is splitting up all the time? Because they are.

Quote from: yuweacurtis
Give me a few days to get started, I'm currently finishing up another character.

I may be interested in Tainted later, but I need to settle some things first.

No hurry.

It's not so much "want to remake" as "I only have the gist of what I had before, so it's possible I'll get the skills/feats slightly different". And the way super robots work was changed again anyway.

Though are we restarting at level 12 or continuing from level 14? It seems a shame to redo the whole first areas again.

We'll be restarting where we left as memory allows.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:24:26 PM by oslecamo »

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »
'Kay, that's fine. I can resume trying to decide what type of half-golem I really want to take. :P

How'd we do stat gen again? I think I remember everything else I need to redo this tomorrow/Thursday. xD

And hey, it doesn't matter if I split off, I can generally backtrack to find everyone else within a round or two.
I am alive.

Anomander

• Emotional simulation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 11:22:34 PM »
Woah! Lots of stuff has been going on. What with the board shutting down and so on.

I recall Mao's stuff to do included a check up with Elle/Aryk(Arryk?) clone, another check up on the monolith, a return to the site of the crumbled central dome to inspect the underground facilities and perhaps another place depending on how things go. There was to be an interrogation of the blackmarket dude, mostly to get more information on the artifact those ARCAS fellas raided the colony ship for. I recall another tie to the events in the form of a battle-maid that did stuff. Involving precious data on something secret, I think. Was it a data disk? Some of us went to the Light churchies to get wasted (or at least try to get somewhat drunk).

There was Baha getting intel off the real Aryk and I recall making a bait for the raiders using a rigged cargo ship from his kingdom. Or something in those lines.

I can find probably find the archived logs of my character and fix the tags and such. I'm sure I had finished the update to level 14 though I was still in progress for the less important minions. The notes I made on my cpu are too old though I should manage.

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
Woah! Lots of stuff has been going on. What with the board shutting down and so on.

I recall Mao's stuff to do included a check up with Elle/Aryk(Arryk?) clone, another check up on the monolith, a return to the site of the crumbled central dome to inspect the underground facilities and perhaps another place depending on how things go. There was to be an interrogation of the blackmarket dude, mostly to get more information on the artifact those ARCAS fellas raided the colony ship for. I recall another tie to the events in the form of a battle-maid that did stuff. Involving precious data on something secret, I think. Was it a data disk? Some of us went to the Light churchies to get wasted (or at least try to get somewhat drunk).

There was Baha getting intel off the real Aryk and I recall making a bait for the raiders using a rigged cargo ship from his kingdom. Or something in those lines.

I can find probably find the archived logs of my character and fix the tags and such. I'm sure I had finished the update to level 14 though I was still in progress for the less important minions. The notes I made on my cpu are too old though I should manage.

I think I was going to a sun-related chapel or something to try and mooch off free booze by making stars. I just didn't get around to posting that. xD
I am alive.

ketaro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 01:24:15 AM »
And Baha was going on Katherine's shopping trip and using her as aforementioned bait. ;)
Edit: Crap. Once again I need to remember what the frick I was going to be buying ><
I remembered! I'm buying Pure Mythril stuff. I also remember that only up to Masterwork quality was available. I was gonna get some knives cause I'm actually weaponless without my Nanoarmor, heheh. And probably a small shield cause Mythril would still grant it's bonus while TWFing~

And yeah, like Os said, we love splitting the party too much but there's just TOO MUCH TO DO and multitasking by splitting up is too good to not do, consequences be damned!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:04:50 AM by ketaro »

Kuroimaken

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »
As far as Hugo is concerned, he had tried to set up a sting operation in the Black Market to figure out who got the memory-wipe things they used on his contact, the random guy from the bar that had found some important stuff on the Android Administration. He was partially successful, if you don't count the sudden assault on the black market itself by parties unknown whose ship we blew up (but we suspect some guy escaped with important stuff shortly beforehand). One of the guys we caught was some sort of black market alien artifact dealer, the other I can't remember.

Oh, and Hugo was setting up to give the triplets tattoos hard-coded to the genetic level so they'd always know that the only reason they live is because he let them.

That was all after the hot springs episode where he got this android free of slavery by proposing a wildly successful illusionist tournament in exchange for being able to use a magic location. A deal that he negotiated in a speedo.

yuweacurtis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 10:36:33 AM »
Eh, anyone know any good straight swordsman or psionic styled initiator classes? I suppose I can use Warblade,but it's kinda meh.

Also, I guess I'll be a newbie showing up in game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:49:21 AM by yuweacurtis »

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »
If it helps any, Amaterasu was a teacher for a while in the past, but that got boring so she's back to being a mercenary.  xD
I am alive.

yuweacurtis

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »
Oh, didn't notice your post, thanks SorO.

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »
And yeah, like Os said, we love splitting the party too much but there's just TOO MUCH TO DO and multitasking by splitting up is too good to not do, consequences be damned!
Well Ano/Mao is interrogating a clone, Kuro/Hugo is interrogating kidnappers, Lost/Baha is interrogating the original of the clone, RD/Amat needs a few hours to turn into a golem with some needed successful skill checks (hire mooks for aid other!), and Ket/Kath just wants to go shopping. This broke things up a bit, Baha & Kat are the only ones together with an open hook if Osl wants to do or skip the shopping part.

Behind the scenes, I know I had a couple followers of mine doing stuff too, like Kenny was helping with the monolith Mao wants to check in on and Baldy was keeping an eye out some possible traitors because much of the plot is a giant mystery that involves time travel based explanations. And I wish I could grab the last page of the IC too because that was one of Osl's latest plot reveals.
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

yuweacurtis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 10:12:21 AM »
So looks like I'm being Numan Moon Vanguard/Paragon/Super Arcanist with a Immortal Doll.

Still trying to get some dragon in there.