Author Topic: Strata and other stuff, who remains about?  (Read 6406 times)

SolEiji

• View Profile
Strata and other stuff, who remains about?
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »
So I messed up fairly badly with being tardy as hell, and I've been hurting my game undoubtedly.  Combine that with the nuking of the last board, and I face a problem.  Assuming I haven't killed interest, who remains of my group?  I've confirmed Psysama over email, but that's about it.  I'm seeking my players and posing a question if there is any interest still.  I have been suggested that I could start anew, either back in Strata or in a totally new game, but before I do that I need to deal with my tardiness problems first so I'll need to get back on that.

Still, I'd like some input.

ketaro

• View Profile
Re: Strata and other stuff, who remains about?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:04:17 AM »
Yo. ketaro is perpetually around.

We left off heading up river after banishing that mansion into the Shadow Realm.

Edit: Nevermind we did do that but we decided to head back to town first because wow we're dying and we were less than a day out.

I have lost the loot list though because that was linked in the Char Sheet thread and I didn't have a copy of the stuff on my mythweaver sheet...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:06:05 AM by ketaro »

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »
You've got me, too. We were arguing about trying to fetch a chest rather than bugger off, IIRC.

On the plus side, I remember I took the intimidation cape.

On the down side, I now don't have my character sheet. xD
I am alive.

phaedrusxy

• The Original Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »
If we could get our sheets and continue on, I'd be game for that. However, I don't have the time (or the will...) to rebuild from scratch.

ketaro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:27:33 AM »
.....We were only level 4....

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »
I vaguely remember my build, but the fine details elude me. It's not like I can't do it, though (I rebuilt the thing recently anyway), just annoying.
I am alive.

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:45 PM »
I'm around and didn't take anything at all from any of the loot.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »
Oh wow, a lot more people transitioned than I thought!  Good to see you all made it!

Frustratingly, the character sheet thread seems to be the one page I can't find an old cached version of floating about.  But since there seems to be interest, I'll do my best to find it.  I'll give it a shot when I get home in about 24 hours.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »
I found something!  Oh it's old, 2016 old, but it's something!

https://web.archive.org/web/20140811011057/http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=13584.0

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 01:57:24 PM »
So instead I just need to remember what changes I made when altering class. xD
I am alive.

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »
Huh, FlamingCows made a Taint-based character, with a Template, and 3rd party resources, that claimed it had access to 4th level Spells at level one so it could have two levels of Shadowcraft Mage by level three and I assume it was OK'ed since he made it into the character thread instead of the campaign's pre-discussion thread. Interesting.

If you guys have openings, I'd love to test out my Magitech Knight in game. Probably using the Imperium ACF since I think it might get a little too many extra points and refluffed to be like a Super Saiyen mode.
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

phaedrusxy

• The Original Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 03:46:45 PM »
Huh, FlamingCows made a Taint-based character, with a Template, and 3rd party resources, that claimed it had access to 4th level Spells at level one so it could have two levels of Shadowcraft Mage by level three and I assume it was OK'ed since he made it into the character thread instead of the campaign's pre-discussion thread. Interesting.
Yeah... I was kind of glad he never actually showed up to play that monstrosity (maybe he did very, very briefly, but for most of the campaign he was absent). The rest of the party was far, far less powerful/optimized than that... My character was basically a psionic healer...

My character wouldn't have changed much from that old archived version... So I'd be up for restarting.

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
Also, I think we'd just hit level 5, not level 4. As I remember having the Path Technique when I showed up again.

And something about being able to roll for creepy weird knowledge stuff. Optimisation: pretty much not there. xD
I am alive.

SorO_Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
The rest of the party was far, far less powerful/optimized than that...
Well let's see.

Not sure on Ability Scores but needs Str/Dex/Con/Cha so how about 14s for a base rate and level 5?
Size (9): for Huge, +8 Str, +4 Dex, 34hp.
Frame ( 8 ): DR 12/-, +10ft spd.
Armor (2): +8 armor bonus to ac, -10ft spd.
Mobility (2): fly 100ft (poor).
Senors (2): +4 spot/listen, essentially darkvision.
Defense (4): resist energy 10.
Misc (4): +12rnds to super-mode duration per day & personal air supply.
Weapons (4): tiger claws (3d6+strmod, avg 16.5ish), T-95 (5d6, avg 17.5).

Leaves 5 points left and obviously a rough draft since I can probably get Str or Dex higher by tanking Int/Wis. Gets to play around in it's super mode for up to 32 rounds (a bit over 3 mins) or if it's 34hp on it's super mode is depleted then it's just an average joe. Then that's pretty much it since it trades off spellcasting, it's other upgrades, and it's bonus feats are limited to helping it's supermode. So maybe I need to invest some points into it's hp. Then obliviously buy a bunch of useful stuff since it's just a big tanking brute so far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:49:22 PM by SorO_Lost »

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

phaedrusxy

• The Original Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
What we had when we left off was my semi-gimpy vitalist healer, two melee fighter types, and... whatever Nanshork is playing... We hardly saw him. He'd just joined.

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
I was more of a rogue/fear type than a melee fighter. I'm pretty certain Ketaro's class IS fighter. Nanshork was... maybe a ranger of some sort or something?

All in all, not a terribly dangerous party. A fight to the death against... rats. Or with rats. I think we were fighting everyone at one point. xD

I think that supermode is enough to solo everything we've actually encountered so far. Assuming that is, in fact, the super mode stats and not all the time.
I am alive.

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »
What we had when we left off was my semi-gimpy vitalist healer, two melee fighter types, and... whatever Nanshork is playing... We hardly saw him. He'd just joined.

I threw mind swords at people.

I have no idea how good that character was since I never did anything.

SorO_Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »
I think that supermode is enough to solo everything we've actually encountered so far. Assuming that is, in fact, the super mode stats and not all the time.
Oh yeah there is some fine text to things. As is, assuming 14 Cha, it lasts 32 rounds per day (3mins & 12secs) and requires a Swift Action to enter so anything winning Initiative gets to ignore those for a round. It won't be flying around or really even tanking traps like that.

Anyway your level 3 character's damage from 2014 is technically a bit higher, 1d8+5 & 1d6+5 produces an average of 18 vs it's 17.5 and 16.5 (@base 14 str). But yeah defensively it's DR/Resist is really solid and that comes back to those extra Upgrade Points but then again who makes defensive stuff anyway so I'm curious how it plays out. Oh, and another fine print thing is Ph's healing is halved on it's hp pool which is why I mentioned probably picking up some more hp since it'll probably have to last the entire day too.

And like that I have a character concept. :D

I'll try to get a chunk of it's details up tomorrow for Sol to check out and see if he's up for it.

Where is Bunkos?

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »
Considering that the 5th-level version has nerfed combat abilities in exchange for the ability to terrify things, it's a bit of a toss-up. Very much fear and stealth after certain in-game events.
I am alive.

ketaro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
I'm a ranger going into Deepwarder going into Great Rift Skyguard :p