Author Topic: Strata and other stuff, who remains about?  (Read 6409 times)

SolEiji

• View Profile
Re: Strata and other stuff, who remains about?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 08:27:28 PM »
Aw guys.  I'm happy that you are still in it.  If you need it, I'll help anyway I can. 

I believe we did just level to 5, yes.  I'll see what I can recall as treasure: the only one I remember clearly was the weird burning ember from the eye of the burned up thing in the well.  It was an Ember of Spite that much I can tell you, a leftover of the residual anger that thing had before someone suffocated it to death in its own burning smoke.

Strata is back on the menu!

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
Some bat-related intimidation cloak or something that I took? I also have that weird-ass tooth that does god knows what.
I am alive.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »
Some bat-related intimidation cloak or something that I took? I also have that weird-ass tooth that does god knows what.

*Memory churns*

A mundane Nighthide Cloak and... Skeletal Tooth?  I'm not going to worry about the stuff that was unidentified since you guys are heading to town and all.  Not entirely sure about the skeletal tooth one, but whatever, sounds good.

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
It says in the archived version. Tooth of... Sav... something. xD
I am alive.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »
OH!  Tooth of Savnok!  Binder stuff!

Savnok: You move at your normal speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations). Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Price 2,000 gp.

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 05:50:49 PM »
It's a nice tooth.

I know I said I'd get a sheet up but I got swamped yesterday with haven't had much sleep today. Just picture Dragonball Super's Kale pretending to be a Wizard (I cast mage's hand! *pulls out an 11ft pole* / I cast grease! *throws marbles* . what do you mean that's not a spell? all wizards use material components you know) that when provoked "accidentally casts Mage's Transformation" as she often mistakenly does. And combine that with the already mentioned upgrade sheet.
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »
I'm stumped until I remember how we did statgen. :P
I am alive.

phaedrusxy

• The Original Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »
Was the cloak a Shadow Cloak? That's one of my favorite D&D items...

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »
Nope, pretty sure it's the bat cloak listed. The intimidation bonus was why I wanted it.
I am alive.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »
Statgen was pathfinder point buy, 32 point I believe.  Here we go...

Anyway, both 3.5 and Pathfinder is in.  As a general rule Pathfinder trumps 3.5 with a few exceptions...
*Normal BAB/Grapple instead of CMB/CMD.
*If two feats which do very different things exist (Cleave and PF Cleave) you can pick either (but not both).  Just say which one you have.  Likewise I personally recommend never taking the stupid PF Improved X feats and sticking with 3.5.  Never understood why they broke them up.
*PF Staffs are dumb.  Use 3.5.
*Concentration is still in, Fly is mostly not needed.  You can still take ranks in it if you want to do some of the tricks like hovering with average maneuverability.

*32 PF Point Buy.
*You get one flaw if you like.
*You get one trait if you like (3.5 traits).
*Pathfinder skills and feat progression.
*Everyone gets one Profession skill maxed out for free.
*PF's favored class bonuses apply.
*PF Wealth by Level
*Level... unknown.  I'm thinking level 2?  Low level as I can go, but without making you guys squishy.
*Because I like you, feel free to take the "Adventuring Fighter" ACF.
*D&D Wiki.org stuff available on request and approval.  Try to aim low on power though.
*Don't keep track of XP, you'll just level up whenever it seems right.  As a result, things that cost XP cost gold instead ala Pathfinder.
*Spellcasters have a special restriction.  All spellcasters need a "catalyst", which they use to cast their spells.  Fortunately a catalyst can be a weapon (commonly a staff or club) and your first catalyst is free of charge, but +100gp otherwise to add it on a weapon.  They can use somatic components with catalyst in hand.
*Hp is max 1st level, then 3/4 max from there.  (d4=3, d6=4, d8=6, d10=7, d12=9).

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:03 PM »
Did we ever work out what I was using as a catalyst after that unfortunate jaunt in darkness?
I am alive.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »
Did we ever work out what I was using as a catalyst after that unfortunate jaunt in darkness?

Not sure, it can be anything you like.  Crystal thing on your sword?  Amulet of wibbly woobly magic?

Raineh Daze

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
I feel like it needs to be spoopy.
I am alive.

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »
I feel like it needs to be spoopy.

A perfectly safe ring which is totally not leaking supernatural darkness and whispering nightmarish visions and bad fanfiction into your mind.