Author Topic: Request what you need!  (Read 12815 times)

SorO_Lost

• I'll still kill you before you're born
    • View Profile
Re: Request what you need!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 12:45:37 AM »
Prime32 already has the table2 tag working along with cellspan and such.

Not sure if the dicebot's in, lets test it.
[roll]{Attack} 1d20+10[/roll]
Nope, doesn't work yet.

Another request, can I get a subboard once the download limit is increased? I have all the Errata, FAQs, and Rules Of The Game unzipped and appropriately named (with dates) I can post to ensure people can find them. I should have most, if not all, of the Web Enhancements and Mind's Eye on a back up CD too. And if people have used a Web-Page-to-PDF to snag the pages that cannot be downloaded, I only have a few like the Archpsion and Swiftblade, I can handle submissions in there and archive those as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:53:44 AM by SorO_Lost »
I'm working on the rest, it'll be up soon.

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 05:17:11 AM »
Strat, if you need help with backend stuff my offer is still open in pretty much any capacity.

That kind of thing is a Prime question, he's easier to reach via the IRC.

sirpercival

• you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 01:03:21 PM »
So where do we put down transfer requests? I'm busy with my own stuff, but there's a fair amount of other people's work that I need transferred to make sure my stuff is complete... lol.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:24:56 PM by sirpercival »

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• 75%fortified v forum death as a fairness elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »
Since this is kind of the "metaboard" area I propose the following structure based off the old boards layout. Now is the time (there are 0 posts in the newly made boards).

Metaboard (this boards called "General Discussion" can be renamed)
Other Gaming (Board games, conventions, etc)
Nongaming Fun
B**** like you have to

Gaming Advice
Campaign Journals
Fluff to Crunch (Let's Stat Up...)
Polling Place

Q&A
D&D 3.x
   CO
   Handbooks
   TO
General D&D
   5e
   4e
Mechanics Comparisons

Homebrew (People's child boards & Unofficial Errata)
Play By Post
   Current Games
   Retired Games

I put more thought into the above than I should have; even the spacing and order. I don't think we need a Noob EULA (indeed that might have contributed to the almost full year where we couldn't register new members).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:17:59 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
Sigh. Not again. :(

Giles the Cleric

• House of the Rising Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »
So where do we put down transfer requests? I'm busy with my own stuff, but there's a fair amount of other people's work that I need transferred to make sure my stuff is complete... lol.

(click to show/hide)

The main archiving effort is here on GitP, or if you don't have a GitP account, I've got a thread on these boards.

Also, if you don't mind including the whole URL to those if you have them? Preferably a wayback link if you have them.

SorO_Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »
Maybe fill out the rest of the board?

Metaboard
- Board Business
- Introductions

General Discussion
- Off Topic Fun
- Plug or Promote
- Other Board Games
- Video Games

Gaming
- Advice
- Ask A Question
----Polling Place
- Talespinning
---- Campaign Journals
---- Game Creation

D&D
- General Discussion
- Optimization
- 3rd/3.5/PF
---- Handbooks
-------- Handbook Discussion
- 5th
- Other (2nd/4th/etc)

House Rules
- Homebrew
- Member's boards

Playground
- Forum Games
- Play By Post
---- Current Games
---- Retired Games
It's just a hair different than MMX's layout, namely inspiration strikes is a redundant subforum and then mechanical writing & your game here kind of already falls into homebrew and such but it still has it's own area under game creation. Unofficial Errata & Podcasts were dropped and I think someone already called for 4th being renamed too. Meetups never really seemed to happen to much (more of a pm thing imo anyway) but I figured we needed an actual video game subforum since we had one thread for discussions and some times multiple things might get talked about at once.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:07:40 AM by SorO_Lost »

Where is Bunkos?
In the One Stop Shop along with Class Boosters (including epics & teamwork) & ACFs.

ketaro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 11:58:00 PM »
How bout a regular forum mod to deal with the sudden bots we somehow have now making junkmail threads? Like, wow, that is weirdly fast considering google still sends minmax searches to the dead forum.

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 12:33:53 AM »
How bout a regular forum mod to deal with the sudden bots we somehow have now making junkmail threads? Like, wow, that is weirdly fast considering google still sends minmax searches to the dead forum.

Once again I nominate myself. :P

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
I spent a lot of time on the Iron Siege stuff. If someone knows how to port and, perhaps, send both mine and TravelLog's subforums somehow, I would be eternally grateful. I'm working with Google cache atm, but it's not quite optimal for this.

Any help you guys need, just ask.
The Iron Siege - Restoration is in progress

Solo

• Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 11:55:25 PM »

Back off! I nominated myself first.

I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 12:00:27 AM »

Back off! I nominated myself first.

Actually I nominated myself the day before you nominated yourself!

Solo

• Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 01:36:21 AM »
Only a small mind of the LOWEST ENERGY would subscribe to a linear notion of time. SAD!

I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

SolEiji

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:09 AM »
I was gone for... reasons, and just when I try to return, this happens.  I was wondering why McAfee was blocking the sites, I was getting redirected to some apparently serious malware.

I'm a bit lost on everything and was fortunate to notice a thread on GitP.  Can anyone catch me up?

BrUjO

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
I was gone for... reasons, and just when I try to return, this happens.  I was wondering why McAfee was blocking the sites, I was getting redirected to some apparently serious malware.

I'm a bit lost on everything and was fortunate to notice a thread on GitP.  Can anyone catch me up?

Apparently the BG's decided to walk out on the forums completely. There's been an issue with Blue Host and the site's taken down. Stratovarius and Prime first thought it might be non-payment, so they tried paying the host with the expectation that the site would come back up. Only, apparently, non-payment was only one of the issues, and there's some unknown technical reason as to why the forums are still down. One possible explanation is too many files.

The BG's are currently unresponsive, and have been since May at least, as such, there's currently no better way of salvaging the situation other than crawling through Google's and Bing's caches and the Wayback Machine to try and bring everything worth saving over to this new board.

Someone already made an HTML dump of the WayBackMachine archive of the forums and put it on GitHub (IIRC), and the current problem is how to preserve formatting when transferring content over. As it stands it's hard manual labor.

So, right now, there's very little anyone can do. If anyone knows people that were regulars in the board and might still be clueless as to the situation, now it'd be a good time to reach out and explain to them and bring them onboard the preservation efforts.

That's more or less the gist of it, if i missed something or said something wrong please feel free to add or correct.

EDIT: Seems like the Rule of Cool forums also have many crossposts from the Min/Max boards as well, so might be a good place to also look for useful stuff to port over.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:35:43 AM by BrUjO »

SorO_Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »
Oh hey speaking of subforums I forgot one. The Mature section.

Because I have twenty questions;)

Where is Bunkos?

awaken_D_M_golem

• I told you there was/is two of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »

EDIT: Seems like the Rule of Cool forums also have many crossposts from the Min/Max boards as well, so might be a good place to also look for useful stuff to port over.

right here
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=13.0

awaken_D_M_golem

• I told you there was/is two of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »
Use this one instead ---> http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=46.0

MEGA weird EDIT = don't use this one.  Use the one above.

Someone already made an HTML dump of the WayBackMachine archive of the forums and put it on GitHub (IIRC), and the current problem is how to preserve formatting when transferring content over. As it stands it's hard manual labor.

Is this it, or an older one ??
ttps://github.com/v-zmiycharov/min-max-board
... seems to be dated to Dec 2014.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:26:02 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 11:49:13 PM »
I'm back!

Any chance I could get a homebrew subforum like before for my larger compilations? It seems like you're trying to keep things more condensed than the sprawling subforums we had before; I can make do easily with just one subforum and have things sorted within. I'm writing a take home final for my masters course right now, but hopefully I should have the chance to start posting my old homebrew in a few days when it's done, so no rush.

What's the status of the tablesort tag? It seems to function as a table2, like before, but the sorting function doesn't seem to work any more (see thread). Not an urgent request.
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium
1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out Sometime

Nanshork

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »
I'm back!

Any chance I could get a homebrew subforum like before for my larger compilations? It seems like you're trying to keep things more condensed than the sprawling subforums we had before; I can make do easily with just one subforum and have things sorted within. I'm writing a take home final for my masters course right now, but hopefully I should have the chance to start posting my old homebrew in a few days when it's done, so no rush.

What's the status of the tablesort tag? It seems to function as a table2, like before, but the sorting function doesn't seem to work any more (see thread). Not an urgent request.

Oh thank god, I was starting to worry that I would have to port over your stuff when I finish with my own....

Garryl

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »
I'm back!

Oh thank god, I was starting to worry that I would have to port over your stuff when I finish with my own....

Not to worry. I have all of my complete homebrew (and a lot of the only partially complete stuff) backed up locally on my home computer. When I get the chance, I'll start reposting it here. I just did the three that Sirpercival asked for. If there's anything in particular you want fast, let me know so I can prioritize it. Just don't bother asking for Power of Cybernetics. Reposting that is a project in and of itself.

(click to show/hide)

Weaponizing Divination, Sublime Tapestry, and Rushes, as requested.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:27:34 AM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D
Handbooks Index
My Homebrew Compendium
1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out Sometime