Gaming > Videogames

Dungeons and Dragons Online

(1/2) > >>

Garryl:
I've been trying out DDO lately. I've pretty much exhausted the free to play content with my level 14 Ranger on Cannith, who has no trouble soloing level 16-17 quests on Hard with a merc, and level 14 and under on elite. I'm kind of done with the game, at least for solo play, but if anyone else is also playing, I'd be interested.

SorO_Lost:
Hey, I didn't even know you were on. Can you PM me your name in game?

And lv16~17 quests? You should have saved them but it sounds like you probably completed Spinner so did you already go over to Eveningstar and cleared Wheloon's pre-quests too? You're kind of at the end of free, there is a lv18 in the Inspired Quarter but you should have saved up your Turbine Points and picked up something like the Vale, GH, or Necro4. A single, 1st-server, character can collect up to 1,350 Turbine Points for free (but some of those are form epic quests) and while GH I think runs for 850 (plus sale/coupon discounts!). You just have to avoid the urge to trivially spend TP on stuff.

phaedrusxy:
I broke down and bought (with real $) the Delara's Graveyard set of quests, but now I'm kind of bored with the game... lol. Cleric is level 9, but only really good for grouping (works OK to solo if I hire a mage or barbarian, though). I have a rogue 2/wiz 6 that's OK for soloing that I ran through the graveyard stuff with, but... I'm just not feeling it lately.

My 9 year old son saw me playing and started playing some with me. I made another cleric to run around with his rogue/ranger. They're level 3 so far, but we don't play much, and when we do I think I'd rather it just be he and I, at least for now...

SorO_Lost:

--- Quote from: phaedrusxy on June 24, 2017, 09:40:50 PM ---I broke down and bought (with real $) the Delara's Graveyard set of quests,
--- End quote ---
The +5% xp drop there is nice, but the final quest is also good for farming if you have a party that can split up and handle both wings but you have to window farm* it.

*Have all but one recall out, then have someone grab the quest window. Final guy recalls out forcing the instance to reset. Anyone with the currently active window will get booted into a new instance even if they could not normally open the quest again.

--- Quote from: phaedrusxy on June 24, 2017, 09:40:50 PM ---but now I'm kind of bored with the game... lol.
--- End quote ---
It's why I cycle in and out of it. I'm not the best at MMO repetition, or like today all I did was hold left click and move the mouse around while getting distracted in real and since it took like 10 mins a run is wasn't the best quest.

--- Quote from: phaedrusxy on June 24, 2017, 09:40:50 PM ---My 9 year old son saw me playing and started playing some with me. I made another cleric to run around with his rogue/ranger. They're level 3 so far, but we don't play much, and when we do I think I'd rather it just be he and I, at least for now...
--- End quote ---
Awww you're such a good parent. Well protective at least, I got a feeling mine will invent new curse words when they play. >.>

Garryl:

--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on June 24, 2017, 05:52:23 PM ---Hey, I didn't even know you were on. Can you PM me your name in game?

And lv16~17 quests? You should have saved them but it sounds like you probably completed Spinner so did you already go over to Eveningstar and cleared Wheloon's pre-quests too? You're kind of at the end of free, there is a lv18 in the Inspired Quarter but you should have saved up your Turbine Points and picked up something like the Vale, GH, or Necro4. A single, 1st-server, character can collect up to 1,350 Turbine Points for free (but some of those are form epic quests) and while GH I think runs for 850 (plus sale/coupon discounts!). You just have to avoid the urge to trivially spend TP on stuff.

--- End quote ---

My DDO account name is Garryl1234 (so original, right?). On Cannith, my Ranger's name is Kevork.

I haven't spent any DDO store points yet. I know I've gotten the once-per-server 100 points for 50 favor on 4 of the servers, but I don't know the exact amount I actually have accumulated.

What exactly do you mean by "saving" the quests? It's not like I've been skipping over the ones before them. Aside from a couple of tedious and annoying quests like The Pit, I've done all of the quests up to level 12 or so up through Elite, along with most of the rest through to 14. Actually, I should revise my earlier statement. I think I actually stopped soloing elite difficulty around level 12, not 14. I think the stopping point was when I got 1-shot by an Ice Flenser's Polar Ray for about 10% over my max health in Invaders!. But, yeah, I did Spinner and the FR quests on normal, and I think a couple of them on hard. I was getting game fatigue at that point, so I kind of rushed through them a bit just to see what was so special about FR in the game.

I don't know how other classes wind up, but my Ranger feels really strong, and always has since pretty close to the beginning (maybe level 4 or so). I calculated that I'm doing somewhere between 150 and 200 DPS with my bow, and I haven't included the effects of things like Sniper Shot, Merciful Shot, Manyshot, multi-target from Improved Precise Shot, etc. in there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version